Pumpkin pie is an all-time favorite Thanksgiving dessert. And while the pumpkin itself is nutritious (pumpkin is rich in fiber and potassium plus other key nutrients like calcium, iron, vitamin C, and B vitamins), the crust, milk and added sugars in most pumpkin pies can put some extra calories in your totals for the day. So here’s a guilt-free version for you to try and enjoy! TIP: A reduced-fat graham cracker crust may be substituted to lower the amount of fat even more!Print
Guilt-Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 oz each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz each) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (9-inch), unbaked
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk and Egg Beaters; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 35 minutes more or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cover edge of crust with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes of the baking time to prevent over-browning.
- Cool completely on wire rack.