Chicken and apple kabobs are a great way to incorporate more fruit into your main meal. Not only are they delicious, they’re also kid-friendly – making this a quick, easy, gluten-free dish your entire family will enjoy.
What Goes Well with Chicken Kabobs?
You can pair a lot of sides with chicken kabobs. Here are some of our top favorites:
- Homemade Hummus
- Tomato and Peach Salad
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- Almond Butternut Squash Au Gratin
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Dragon Fruit Salad
- Grilled Eggplant Veggie Bowl
Which Apples Should I Pick for Chicken Kabobs?
While any apple will shine in this meal, you want to choose one with a firm texture. If you like tart, Granny Smith apples are a great choice. Or, go with a sweet option such as Fuji, Piñata®, Pink Lady or Honeycrisp.
How Can I Mix Up Your Chicken Kabob Veggies?
Want to add even more garden-fresh veggies to your meal? Add green and yellow zucchini, red onion, and cherry tomatoes to your kabobs for even more nutrient-packed flavors and pops of color.
Chicken & Apple Kabobs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 32 pieces
- 3 apples (your choice) cut into 24 pieces
- 8 wooden skewers
- Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in a resealable bag with marinade to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (4 to 6 hours for added flavor).
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss apples in lemon juice, then assemble skewers, alternating chicken and apples. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
Want more healthy recipes?
Check out our full recipe box here!