Understanding the benefits of chiropractic therapy can help you communicate well when visiting a chiropractor for the first time. Your bones, joints, and soft tissues form the foundation for all of your body’s functional systems, and maintaining spinal joint flexibility and alignment supports overall wellness.
When joints become “stuck” or stiff, our range of motion and balance may suffer. The technical term for this problem is subluxation. Subluxations can be caused by repetitive injury, falls, accidents, sports strain, and even chronic stress or inactivity. When left untreated, these pain points can limit or interfere with how nerves communicate with the brain.
AlignLife chiropractic care provides relief from these restrictions while supporting the way your body was intended to function.
Things to Know About the Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Many people are aware of the proven chiropractic adjustment benefits, but there is information some people may not know, such as:
- Chiropractic care is not new. Doctors of chiropractic medicine have been treating patients successfully long before the advent of modern medicine, although the science informing it is constantly advancing.
- Medical doctors often recommend chiropractic care. You can almost certainly work with your primary care physician and your chiropractor to manage your medical conditions as a team effort.
- Chiropractic benefits go beyond pain relief. Millions of Americans seek help from their chiropractor each year for conditions like headaches, numbness, tingling, strength loss, and limited range of motion.1
The Wide Variety of Chiropractic Benefits for You and Your Family
It is true that regular chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to treat back pain. Of the 22 million U.S. citizens seeking chiropractic care each year, 35% are looking for back pain relief.2 Of the rest, many are seeking these other benefits of going to a chiropractor:
- Lowering blood pressure.4 Clinical trials have shown that spinal manipulation and alignment of the neck and spine can be as effective as medication at lowering blood pressure.
- Reducing inflammation.5 Chronic inflammation causes many painful issues and is linked to conditions including heart disease and cancer. Studies have shown that regular chiropractic care reduces inflammation.
- Improving symptoms of nervous system disorders.6 By increasing blood flow to the brain and removing pressure on nerve fibers, adjustments are shown to reduce the symptoms of neurological conditions, including fibromyalgia, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis.
- Chronic and acute pain reduction.1 Regular adjustments not only relieve back and neck pain, but they also help relieve the pain of sciatica, where a pinched nerve in the spine causes intense pain which radiates down the leg.
- Wide-ranging benefits of optimal wellness. These include:
- Improved athletic performance
- Eliminating vertigo or dizziness
- Supporting effective immune system function
- Improving digestion and reducing acid reflux
- Increasing range of motion by treating frozen shoulder or other joint issues
- Supporting better lung function, reducing asthma symptoms, and relieving sinus congestion
- Better sense of balance and increased flexibility
- Easing the discomfort of pregnancy and labor
- Improving sleep, energy levels, and vitality
The Benefits of an Aligned Life
Individuals who choose chiropractic care as a treatment for back pain are more likely to be satisfied with the results after six weeks than those who seek physical therapy and pain medication, and they were 64% less likely to need opioid (narcotic) pain medication.3 Chiropractic care is also more cost-effective for the patient than physiotherapy treatment by a primary care physician.1
At AlignLife, we focus on developing an individualized plan which will provide long-term healing and increased vitality. Our comprehensive chiropractic assessment is the best way to determine how you or your child can benefit from our gentle and proven therapy methods. Contact us today and schedule a complimentary consultation to bring perfect alignment back into your life.