- 1 Tbsp oil oil
- 8 oz chicken breast, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 c asparagus, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 c arugula or spinach (or a mix of both)
- 1/2 c cooked peas
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 c bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Fresh basil for topping
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
To grill the chicken
- Heat skillet on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower heat and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, making sure entire pan is coated.
- Place chicken breast in pan and cook 5-6 minutes on first side without moving.
- Flip the chicken breast over with tongs or a fork and cook on the other side for 5-6 additional minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and allow chicken breast to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
To roast the asparagus
- Melt butter in skillet over high heat.
- Add asparagus and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Saute until golden brown (or longer, depending on how you like your asparagus)
To make the salad
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Layer arugula and spinach mixture, chicken, and asparagus.
- Add peas and avocado slices to the top of the salad.
- Drizzle or toss with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with fresh basil, salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 4