- 1 small bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root
- ½ small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 lb strip-loin (New York strip) steak
- 1 tsp almond flour
- 1/8 crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp gluten free soy-sauce (Tamari) or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
Make the slurry
- In a small bowl, make a slurry by whisking 2 Tbsp cold water with 1 tsp almond flour until smooth.
- Add 2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, and 1/8 red pepper.
- Whisk together. Set aside.
- Wash the fresh produce. Snap (or cut) off woody ends from the asparagus, then cut on an angle into 2 inch pieces; transfer to a large bowl.
- Seed and cut the bell pepper into 2 inch strips; add to the bowl with asparagus.
- Trim green onion ends and chop on an angle; transfer to a small bowl.
- Peel and mince or grate the ginger. Peel and mince the garlic. Transfer both to a small bowl.
Cook the New York Strip steak
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Add oil to the skillet and swirl to coat bottom.
- Add the steak strips and cook until browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Once steak has been transferred, add more 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet.
- Add the asparagus, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
Mix and serve
- Return beef to the skillet and add green onions and sauce.
- Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, place stir fry in a bowl and enjoy!