For many, it’s been a difficult and stressful time. But you can help restore calm, peace, and balance through meditation. Meditation can benefit your emotional well-being and overall health. Not only can it help calm your day, but it can help with certain health conditions.
When you meditate you clear your mind of information overload, which contributes to stress.
Emotional Benefits of Meditation
- Gaining perspective during stressful situations
- Increasing self-awareness
- Focusing on the present
- Reducing negative thoughts
- Increasing your creativity
- Improving your patience tolerance
Health Benefits of Meditation
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Sleep issues
- Tension headaches
Best Ways to Meditate
- Find a quiet spot with few distractions (no TV, phone, iPad, etc.)
- Find a comfortable position. You can sit, stand, and even walk. Whatever you do, ensure you have a good posture.
- Breathe deeply and evenly, using your diaphragm muscles to expand your lungs. The purpose is to slow your breathing, take in more oxygen, and reduce the use of shoulder, neck and upper chest muscles while breathing so you breathe more efficiently.
- Focus on your breathing. Concentrate on feeling and listening as you inhale and exhale through your nose. Breathe deeply and slowly. If your mind wanders refocus on your breathing.
Need more help?
If you have any questions or concerns, AlignLife Chiropractic clinics are open and here to help. You can also try Aceva’s Chill Out and Sweet Dreams bundles to help you calm your mind and get more rest.