A great standalone salad, these sweet-and-savory flavors will have you wishing for more. Works well with fresh peaches and tomatoes in the summer or make it all year long by adding canned peaches during the winter months. Serve it by itself, over a bed of lettuce or spinach, or with a side of grilled pork!
- 4 medium peaches (or 30 oz. canned peach halves packed in their own juice)
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ Tbsp. red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine peaches, tomatoes, and red onion together in a large bowl (if using canned peaches, drain and rinse).
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over peach/tomato/onion mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, basil, and nuts.