- 7 cups spelt flour
- 2 cups warm filtered water
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 Tbsp whey
- In large bowl, add water, oil, and whey.
- To bowl, add sugar, salt, and baking powder. Your mixture should fizz a good deal.
- Quickly stir in 1/3 of the flour, taking advantage of the fizzing action for easier mixing.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining flour – mixing about 40 more beats by hand. It will start to get thick.
- Mix in remaining flour and knead lightly until a gummy consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to clean container. Cover with towel and store at room temperature 2-3 days.
- After dough rises to roughly double in size, store dough in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remember: flour does not need to be Enriched, Bleached, Bromated, Emulsified, Genetically Modified, Irradiated, or Preserved! However, since you are creating the ideal conditions for mold growth, clean the containers and utensils with vinegar prior to use. While not particularly dangerous, dough that develops mold should be discarded.