1 small frozen banana sliced
1/2 c frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 c frozen mango chunks
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1– 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk like almond or oat)
2 soft Medjool dates – pitted (if not soft, soak in water for 10–15 min)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Soak your chia seeds. Overnight is always best, but if you’re in a rush, try to soak them for at least 20 minutes to release their health benefits. Simply add the chia seeds to the coconut milk or water and set them aside while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Soak your dates. You’ll also want to soften dates before you blend them into your smoothie. Just drop them in water for 10-15 minutes and they should soften up perfectly!
- Add banana, pineapple, mango, chia seed gel, softened dates, turmeric, ginger, and 1 cup of coconut milk to your blender. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in more coconut milk until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
NOTE: Only have fresh fruit on hand? Just add 1 to 1-1/2 cups of ice (adjust to how thick you like it) and you’re all set!
Tip: Turmeric will stain your plastic yellow. Use glass instead of plastic to avoid any unwanted stains.