Eat More, Weigh Less This Summer
Want to lose weight and keep it off forever? Si es así, it’s time to go in a new direction — think outside the box. Forget about diets and starvation, and start doing what really works. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to think about messages, not calorie counting. Sending these two powerful messages to your body is essential:
- Highly nutritious food is plentiful and abundant.
- You are an energetic, active and fit person (even if you aren’t just yet).
The reason you have such a difficult time losing weight is that your body is in a storage mode.
Some message you have sent it in the past has made it feel threatened. Because of that threat, it feels like it must store up everything it can get a hold of against the threat of famine in the future. When your body gets your two clear messages, it will be able to come out of that storage mode, and you will be able to lose weight easily and keep it off.
What kind of message did you send to throw your body into a storage mode?
How about a bad diet of processed nutrient-poor food! A body that doesn’t get nutrients from the food you have chosen to feed it will hang on for dear life to anything that comes its way, since it gotten the idea nutrients are scarce.
Your quest to lose weight should absolutely never be about starvation or deprivation. Skipping meals, eating tiny portions, and calorie counting are the worst things to do because they reinforce the message that food is scarce.
If you want to get your body out of the storage mode, run away from fake foods.
Stop substituting some fake food like Molly Mc Butter for real butter, or Cool Whip for real whipped cream. When you eat fake foods instead of real ones, you don’t give your body the nutrients it craves, and guess what — yep, storage mode!
The same is true for products that call themselves low fat, low calorie, dieta, o lite. The body craves fats because it really can’t work without them, and when you use low-fat salad dressings, buy no-fat yogurt, and eat products like fat-free cheese, Snackwells, y 100 calorie packs of Oreos, weight loss will never be yours. There is virtually no nutrition in these types of products, so when they are eaten the body feels threatened and only goes deeper into its storage mode. When fat is removed from a food, sugar is usually substituted in its place, and that extra sugar produces such an insulin spike that you will store more than ever. Fats typically slow down an insulin response.
Tips to help send more good messages to your body, lose weight and regain vibrant health.
- Eat nutrient-rich whole foods.This means eliminating processed foods, especially foods made with processed flour, such as bread, pasta, doughnuts, pretzels, cookies and cakes. Por ejemplo, eating a pizza is fine, but don’t eat the crust.
- Eat only foods in their natural state, the way they were made by nature and without anything removed. This means eating such things as potatoes and apples with their skins, and full-fat dairy products. Don’t eat anything that says it’s fat-free or reduced-fat.
- Eat more. Instead of three meals a day, eat four or even five. Let your body know there is plenty of nourishing food around and there is no reason for storage.
- Snack all you want. Some good choices are popcorn with plenty of real organic butter and sea salt, chocolate bars, HaagenDazs (almost the only brand of ice cream that does not contain gums), nuts and seeds, and cheesecake (without the crust). Each of these snacks has plenty of nutrients and good fats.
- Eat all the fruit you want, but eat it away from other foods. The best time for eating fruit is at least a half hour before meals. Stay away from processed (bottled) fruit juice.
- Drink water, té, coffee, and red wine. Sweeten only with Stevia, real sugar or other real sweeteners such as agave nectar, maple syrup or blackstap molasses. Stay away from any kind of soda pop.
- Make sure you consume plenty of healthy fats from butter and full-fat cheese, cocoa butter, aceite de oliva, coconut oil, nuts and seeds, aguacate, and fatty fish such as salmon or tuna. If you don’t like fish, be sure to take two capsules of Omega 3 Plus daily.
- Don’t eat food that has added chemicals and avoid food sprayed with pesticide. As much as you are able, buy organic food, pastured meats, free-range poultry, and wild-caught fish. Make sure any corn and potatoes you eat in any form are organic. The liver is where fat is burned, and your goal should be to keep your liver as clean and healthy as possible so it can do its job.
- Replace all personal care products such as soap, shampoo and toothpaste from discount stores and conventional supermarkets with products that contain ingredients you can pronounce. Use only fragrance-free laundry detergent and stay away from fabric softeners, perfumes and other scented products.
- No matter what the temperature, open the windows where you are and keep them open for as long as you can. Go outside as much as possible. Taking a walk has the double advantage of giving you exercise and fresh air.
- Do 5 a 10 minutes of moderate exercise immediately after eating anything.If you are at work, walk around the building for a few minutes, or simply jog in place. This will send the message that you are active and will need the energy from the food you have just eaten, so the body will not store it.
- Twice a day do an activity that will jump-start your lymphatic system. The best activity for this is to stand up, raise your arms, and twirl them up and down. Do this 20 times forward and 20 times backward. You will be amazed at the energizing effect this activity will have as stored toxins are released and your metabolism is increased.
- Develop an exercise hobby that you enjoy doing several times each week. This can be tennis, bailando, corriendo, distance walking, or whatever appeals to you.
- Buy some weights and start a weight-training program. Muscle has a higher metabolic rate than fat, and this activity sends the message to your body to start converting fat to muscle.
- Get your steroid hormone levels checked. Unbalanced estrogen in males and females is a huge threat to weight loss and to health in general.
- Accept that you are a person of worth and you don’t have to settle for less than you want. There is nothing like self-defeating psychology to help you pack on the pounds.
You really can do this! It’s time to get started.
Sobre el Autor – Barbara Minton
Barbara es psicóloga escolar, un autor publicado en el área de finanzas personales, a breast cancer survivor using “alternative” tratos, un existencialista nato, y un estudioso de la naturaleza y todas las cosas naturales.