(Health Secrets) It’s time for optimism! Don’t you think we have had enough of fear and negativity for the past few years? Besides dragging the mind and spirit down, being afraid and having negative thoughts can create havoc with the body’s metabolism and set you up for injury or disease. On the other hand, optimism can set you up for a long and happy life.
Your perspective on life is so important, and yet most people never give it much thought. If express optimism, you’ll open doors of opportunity for yourself and lead a generally happy and healthy life. However, with a negative mindset, you could end up in places that you never intended to be. This isn’t some fairytale ideal; it’s absolutely true!
Being optimistic might seem like a daunting task, but there are simple things you can do to improve your perspective. If you practice each day, you’ll be doing yourself a great favor, since your mindset is the very foundation for achieving success and fulfillment.
Here are some easy techniques you can use to boost your optimism:
* Avoid being distracted. You may feel like there is one situation that’s holding you back, or one thing that has seemingly ruined your day or even your life. Resolve to let it go so it doesn’t bother you anymore. After all, there is a whole wide world out there just waiting for you to experience and enjoy it. Practice the skill of letting go and moving on. This skill will serve you well over the years to come.
* It may sound trite, but nevertheless you have to remember there is always a silver lining. If you are having a bad week, it’s not a reason to let negativity cloud your thinking. Seek the silver lining in every challenging situation. Remember that setbacks often occur right before you reach your goal or experience success. You always have the opportunity to see the same glass as being half empty or half full. The choice is yours!
*Release the past. Remember that the past is the past, not something that has to keep repeating itself. In fact, if you keep recalling the past, you end up dragging it with your into your future. Learn how to let it go no matter how painful or scary it might have been. The future can be filled with great things, but a great future can only start when you’ve come to terms with your past. Release the past, embrace the present with optimism, and live a life you will love.
* Be grateful. Make a list of all the things you are thankful for in your life. Include even the smallest things, like the lucky penny you found on the street or that loving hug your spouse gave you today. You’ll most likely end up with a long list that your can look to whenever you feel like you are slipping into negativity or fear. Begin an Appreciation Journal and each day jot down five things you are thankful for or feel optimistic about.
*Look around you. Take some time off from watching and thinking about people. Spend time looking at the natural world around you. Observe its silent dependability and constancy. Look at the plants and animals around you and try to establish a connection. Once you establish a relationship with the natural world, the problems of people will begin to seem much less consequential and important.
* Use positive affirmations. Nothing brings out optimism like the use of affirmations. These positive statements bring optimistic energy into your present. They are a way of communicating with your subconscious mind so you can maintain control over how your feel. Use them every day and every time you need a boost of positivity.
* Surround yourself with positive people. Humans are social beings that can feel the energy of others. Have fun with positive and supportive friends and family members. Just being around positive people can lift you up when you are feeling down.
* Stay away from activities that bring you down or make you feel afraid. This includes what you look at on the internet or on television. Concern yourself with your circle of influence, the things in life you actually have the power to influence. Let the rest go.
* Words have power, so watch your language. Do you speak positively to yourself and others, or are you judgmental, fear mongering or negative? Try to shift over to only positive speech. Practice using upbeat words while you focus on the positive in every situations.
* Remember that even a positive life has ups and downs. Life won’t always be perfect, but there are many ways you can still make the best of it. Accept the fact that bad things will happen from time to time, but avoid dwelling on these things. You’ll bounce back if you remain open to optimism. Contrast is the beauty of life! You can’t experience the good if you haven’t experienced the bad. You can’t appreciate the joy if you haven’t felt the sadness. And you can’t truly embrace love if your haven’t experienced a broken heart.
In the end, you’ll find that simple things can boost your optimism. You don’t need to wait for some grand opportunity; just open your eyes to the beauty of the world around you and you’ll see wonderful things!
Published with permission from Alignlife. Original article link is here.