Pharaohs decreed that no commoner could touch a mushroom, thus reserving the delicacy for royalty. Likewise, many other civilizations including Mexico, Russia, China and Greece, held it in high regard, going as far as practicing rituals with the mushroom.
- 4 large Portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup olive oil
- Pinch of oregano or basil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Arrange mushrooms in a shallow glass dish.
In a bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oil, oregano or basil and salt & pepper. Pour over mushrooms and turn until well coated. Marinate for approximately 1/2 hour. Heat grill until hot. Add mushrooms and grill 4 minutes on each side; baste with marinade.
For more on mushrooms visit mushroomsinfo.com