(Health Secret) All most all of us go through life with hidden talents and gifts that we never truly nurture and pursue because we are too concerned about what others think if we follow our dreams. Of course, that’s no way to live! Our heart tells us that, but our brain tells us to be more logical, realistic, and grown-up!
Uncovering your passion is an important part of self-discovery. You will be a happier, more balanced individual when you identify, develop, and delight in your passion. Your whole life will transform before your eyes!
You can find your passion in a few easy steps:
- Set an intent to find your passion. Once you focus on your pursuit of passion, your mind and soul will become attuned to your pursuit and lead you to discover what brings you joy, happiness, fulfillment, and satisfaction.
- Imagine what you would do if you didn’t have to worry about money? If whether you got paid didn’t matter? You could truly lose yourself in a process. Hours could slip by and you would barely notice time passing. You would absolutely adore what you are doing!
- Learn to harness the power of your mind. There is a well-known technique you can use if you are afraid to pursue your dreams or experience doubt about following your bliss. You can also use this tool to stay on a productive, positive, and healthy path. What is this handy tool? It’s embracing your passion through affirmations!
Affirmations can help you work through your self doubts and lead you to a more passionate life. Affirmations allow you to retrain your brain, rewire thought processes, and help you replace limiting beliefs with new, empowered beliefs. They are statements that will activate your brain to focus on and attain the goals and desires you set for yourself.
These expressions often are descriptive of the feelings or behaviors you would like to possess in any given situation. They may remind you about your value or the importance of your desires. Affirmations are handy in moments when you might be having some negative self-talk, or when you are second-guessing your desire to pursue your passion.
In those moments of doubt, you may want to use an affirmation like, “I am enough, worthy, and deserving of following my passion. I am strengthened by doing the things I love to do. I am now living my purpose. My passion guides me in all that I do.” You’ll want to believe this even if it’s a challenge in the beginning. Look for evidence, past and present, that demonstrates your life experience supporting these statements. You are reaffirming the statement and making it your personal truth every time you say it out loud.
There are affirmations that will enable you to overcome guilt that you may feel when you indulge in your passion. We all have a right to pursue our passions, there is nothing wrong with living your dream. You deserve to spend time on yourself, to realize your desires, and experience life with enthusiasm and joy. When you are happy, your life begins to reflect the positive momentum.
When you are having one of those days where you feel guilty for enjoying your favorite hobby or past-time you can say:
- I am actively involved in my hobbies with joy and enthusiasm
- It gives me energy and strength
- It renews my spirit
- I live in a limitless world
- I am growing, expanding, and evolving
- Everything I do, I choose to do
- I am worthy
- I value myself
- I make wise use of my time and energy
Repeat the affirmations with feeling and understanding. Don’t just say the words, experience the feelings that go with the words, and think of them as energy for your soul.
When you use affirmations, you are giving your mind permission to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Affirmations not only help you discover your passion, but also enable you to live a more passionate life. This positive dialogue will become second nature in time as it edges out negative emotions such as doubt and fear. Being passionate is an avenue of expressing love for your self. Embrace your passion and remember that living your dream is good for your mind, body, and soul. When you are happy, content, fulfilled, and satisfied everyone around you will marvel at your self confidence! And you will wonder what took so long to discover life’s magic! People that embrace and pursue their passions are said to be some of the most content, peaceful, and joyous people on the planet.
Read more of Donna’s blogs at Renovate Your Lifestyle.
Photo by StoryTravelers