- Sodium polyacrylate: This super absorbent gel has been linked to toxic shock syndrome, allergic reactions and is lethal to pets.
- Dioxins: Known to cause damage to the central nervous system, kidneys, and liver.
- Dyes: Known to cause allergic reactions. Some are systemically toxic.
- Fragrances: The FDA has received reports that fragrances in disposables caused headaches, dizziness and rashes.
- Other reported problems: Babies choking on pieces of the plastic they’ve torn off, tabs tearing the baby’s skin, noxious chemical odors and chemical burns.
- Most disposable diapers are not biodegradable: Twelve years ago, disposable diapers were found to make up over 2% of landfill waste. Can you imagine what the number is now?
- Expense: Although the initial cost of purchasing enough cloth diaper supplies may be relatively high, it is miniscule compared to the cost of disposable diapers even when laundry services or laundry products are considered.
- Purer, softer and more comfortable than plastic diapers.
- Fewer rashes when changed as needed.
- Leads to earlier potty training because children can sense when they are wet.
- Environmentally friendly even when the cost of utilities and supplies is considered.
- Cost effective even when using a laundry service.
- MORE convenient because you don’t have to drop what you’re doing and run to the store to pick up another box of disposables almost daily.
Make the switch, your baby with thank you for it!
For more information: