(Health Secrets) Whether you want to live longer and healthier or you want to address a specific health concern, building a good natural health foundation is essential. Just as you cannot expect to get good results from patching a roof on a building with a shaky foundation, the same is true of your body.
To build your own natural health foundation, begin replacing bad habits with good ones and take healthy measures such as these:
* Avoid processed sugar as much as possible. According to the WHO, refined sugar is the number one cause of illness in the world. Likewise avoid artificial sweeteners. None of them are safe and Aspartame is the worst of all.
* Avoid excessive alcohol. A glass or two of wine is okay and so is a beer or two (though red wine is healthiest).
* Avoid cigarettes and tobacco products. Likewise avoid excessive caffeine.
* Avoid cell phone use and prolonged exposure to electrical and microwave radiation.
* If you are overweight, begin a slow and healthy weight loss program where you burn more calories than you consume.
* Eliminate chemical toxins from your home and workplace environment, such as conventional cleaning products, air fresheners and air sprays, cosmetics, deodorants, pesticides and herbicides. Cleanse accumulated toxins from your liver on a regular basis.
* Eat a very healthy and slowly work up to a mostly raw diet with some organic meat (good choices are oily cold water fish, free range organic chicken and small amounts of organic free range beef). Include healthy fats, such as omega 3s from organic cage-free eggs and wild caught salmon, and nuts, roots, tubers and seeds. Make sure your vegetables and fruits include a wide variety of colors to get the best array of phytonutrients. To build the best health foundation, eat at organic vegetables and fruits when possible (they usually contain more nutrients and fewer pesticides). Supplement with a superfood powder. Such a diet is much more in tune with what mankind has developed for millennia to eat.
* Get plenty of sunshine, both direct and indirect, in order to get ample amounts of vital Vitamin D3 and other healing benefits from the sun. Vitamin D3 is literally essential for life and helps fight and prevent illness, including cancer. When weather, climate and/or location make it impossible to get enough, use Active D drops to maintain your Vitamin D level.
* Avoid junk foods, fast foods, trans fats like margarine and Crisco. As much as possible, shun processed foods on grocers’ shelves which have had the nutrition processed out and harmful additives processed in for shelf life, taste, texture and color.
* Include regular physical exercise. Healthy exercise need not be strenuous – moderate is just fine. The key is “regular.”
* Eliminate stress in your life as much as possible. Stress is indeed the “silent killer.” Avoid stressful people and situations. Take time out to “smell the roses” on a regular basis.
* Make sure you get optimum daily amounts of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Often these amounts are significantly greater than the minimal RDA amounts, which are merely the amount needed to prevent vitamin-deficiency related disease. As many as 80-95% of us are deficient in magnesium, an essential mineral for optimum health. Likewise, most of us are deficient in other essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, such as digestive enzymes. Get as much of your vitamins as possible from your diet. Since it is next to impossible to get all the nutrients you need from diet alone, add a food based vitamin and multi-mineral supplement. On the days when your don’t consume foods high in omega 3s, supplement with quality fish oil capsules.
Once you have built a natural health foundation, specific problems and concerns can be addressed with much greater chance of success.
For more information: