This quick breakfast or after school snack takes only 15 minutes to prep and is an instant favorite. Serve fresh or freeze and serve throughout your busy week. You could also mix up the omelet fixings in each tin to give more variety. Great alternate ingredients for your egg muffins include spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and more.
- ½ cup onion
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin pan.
- Chop onion, green pepper and ham into small pieces and divide evenly over the muffin tins.
- Add the cheddar cheese to each tin on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs into each tin evenly, until almost full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm, or cool and freeze them for breakfasts to come!
- Thawed: Microwave Denver omelet muffin for about 30 seconds.
- Frozen: Microwave Denver omelet muffin for about 1 minute or until heated through.