How Blue Light Affects Your Sleep
Skip the fryer and mix up one of your kid’s favorite breakfast cereals into a delicious crispy coating for this oven-crusted alternative to fried chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place each piece of chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to a half-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, thyme, caynenne pepper, salt and pepper. In a second dish, whisk eggs to combine. In a third dish, spread out crushed cornflakes.
- Dip chicken into seasoned flour, turning to coat, then dip in egg mixture.
- Remove chicken and allow excess egg to drip off. Press both sides of chicken into cornflakes, then transfer to baking sheet.
- Discard remaining flour, egg and cornflakes.
- Drizzle chicken with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until coating is crisp and chicken is cooked through.