(Health Secrets Newsletter) As dogs, cats and other “fur-kids” age they become prone to calcification, joint pain and other spinal and joint problems – especially if they have been fed mostly canned and dry pet food. Veterinarians typically offer primarily symptom relief via mainstream drugs. Nature, on the other hand, can provide a lasting cure and, in the process, restore lost mobility and vigor such as the pet has not had in years.
Seven items are particularly effective against calcification, joint pain and other spinal problems: magnesium oil, DMSO, MSM, papain, hyaluronic acid, colloidal silver and colloidal gold.
Magnesium oil helps relieve pain and restore movement. DMSO is a powerful penetrant and MSM helps in the absorption of other items. Papain is a natural enzyme which dissolves calcium and scar tissue. Hyaluronic acid helps keep joints lubricated.
Colloidal silver helps overall healing and nerve repair and destroys pathogens. Colloidal gold relieves arthritis pain. The combination of the two is usually very effective against pet arthritis. As a bonus, pet owners with older animals often report that their pets have renewed vigor, energy and friskiness when they regularly add colloidal silver to their drinking water.
Here is a proven step by step program for eliminating spinal calcification, eliminating pain and restoring lost movement:
1) Feed only a raw organic diet (for dogs and cats that should be at least 80% meat and any fruit or vegetables should be pureed for maximum absorption). To the food, add:
*1/2 teaspoon of either zeolite or one capsule of plant derived minerals (or half the equivalent amount of liquid for a human dose).
*The contents of 1-2 capsules of papain
*The contents of one hyaluronic acid capsule
*The contents of one silica capsule or better still, several dozen drops of whole foods silica extract
*One teaspoon of MSM
2) Apply magnesium oil with a goodly amount of 70/30 DMSO (1-5 ml) over the spine and/or affected area(s) once in the morning. Shave or close crop the coat for better penetration.
4) Apply 70/30 DMSO over the spine/affected areas once in the afternoon.
5) Apply 70/30 DMSO mixed with papain over the spine/affected areas once before going to bed.
6) Try to prevent the pet from being excessively active during recovery to avoid stress on the affected areas. Restrict access to steps or other items the pet could step or jump on and off of. As the pet recovers, moderate exercise or activity is good, but avoid activities that place unwanted stress on the affected areas. Swimming is an excellent exercise for dogs. For sleeping, a comfortable bed that cushions the spine, joints and any other affected areas should be provided. Additionally, try to avoid leaving pets outside too long during colder weather.
One member of a health forum had a dog that had severe spinal calcification and problems with bowel movements (due to pain) and could not move one of its legs. After using a very similar routine for a while, the dog now has full movement of the leg and normal bowel movements, does not feel pain and looks happy again too.
Some other supplements that may help are:
1) DMSO is a super-penetrant which takes almost everything it comes into contact with deep into the skin. Be careful to wash your hands thoroughly before applying and store DMSO in a glass or ceramic container.
2) Internal supplement amounts were based on an average sized dog. Adjust accordingly for larger or smaller animals.