5–8 lb picnic pork shoulder (thawed; bone-in with skin for best flavor)
2 tsp cumin
1 ½ tsp black peppercorns
5 garlic cloves
2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 cup orange juice
⅓ cup dry sherry
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Place roast in a large pan or roaster.
- Add in cumin, peppercorns, garlic, salt, oregano, orange juice, dry sherry, lemon juice, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Cover roast with lid or tent with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 4-5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Remove from oven and rest for 30 minutes.
- Shred pork from the bone.
- Strain juice from the pan and pour the juice over the shredded meat.
- Serve immediately as is with juice or mix up into another great dish.
Slow cooker instructions: Prepare the same way as the above instructions, cooking for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 F before shredding and serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Meat
Keywords: pork, roast, slow cooker