- 2 cups of organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cooked/softened
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2–4 Tbsp cold water (more if needed)
- Combine tahini and lemon juice in a food processor and blend for 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl then blend for 30 seconds more. This helps make your hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin, and salt to the tahini and lemon juice mixture. Blend for 30 seconds, scrape the sides of the bowl, then blend for another 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of cooked and softened chickpeas. Process for 1 minute, then add remaining chickpeas and process for 1-2 minutes more until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick (which it will likely be at first), turn on the food processor and slowly add 2-4 Tbsp of cold water until you reach your perfect consistency and smoothness.
- Salt to taste, drizzle with olive oil and paprika and serve.
- Note: Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Serving Size 1/4 cup | Calories 190 | Protein 6 g | Carbohydrate 18 g | Dietary Fiber 5 g | Total Sugars 3 g | Total Fat 11 g | Saturated Fat 2 g | Cholesterol 0 mg
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 8