- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
Veggie Bowl Mix
- 1 (1 pound) eggplant (sliced into ¼ inch rounds)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into wedges)
- 12 baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 yellow squash (sliced into ¼ inch rounds)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional to sprinkle on top)
Optional Veggie Swaps and Add-Ins
- 2 orange or yellow bell peppers (cut into wedges)
- 18 spears fresh asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 red onion (cut into wedges)
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, parsley, oregano, basil, vinegar, kosher salt, pepper, and garlic together to make the marinade.
- Place the cut and washed eggplants plus the veggies of your choice in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over vegetables and seal the bag.
- Toss vegetables in the marinade until evenly coated inside the bag.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Preheat the grill for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grate and grill the vegetables for 6 minutes on each side or until tender. It doesn’t take long for eggplant and other vegetables to cook when sliced.
Top with a sprinkling of feta cheese (optional) and serve warm.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggplant, vegetarian bowl, yellow squash, red peppers, asparagus, onions, mushrooms