4 boneless chicken breasts
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cucumber, finely grated and well-drained
1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt (use coconut milk yogurt for a dairy-free version)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp dill
Wrap and Toppings
7 whole-wheat pitas
1 fresh cucumber, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1 large tomato
Feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
Kalamata olives, sliced (optional)
- Place wooden skewers into a bowl of water to soak for at least an hour.
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix marinade ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper) in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour
- Once marinaded, thread chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Preheat your grill or griddle pan to high heat.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until it’s nicely browned and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Grate the cucumber and drain in a fine-mesh sieve overnight in the fridge. If you don’t have time to let it drain overnight, you can “milk” it! Simply cut the ends off, then squeeze the cucumber from the top down to release the excess liquid out the end.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, oil, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until smooth, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the grated cucumber and dill to the yogurt mixture and stir until blended.
- Spread tzatziki sauce over a warm pita. Top with 3-4 oz of chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, and feta cheese.
- Fold pita in half and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner