- 8 fresh tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic ( 3 cloves minced)
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp marjoram (or to taste)
- 1 tsp thyme (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Wash tomatoes, pat dry and cut in half.
- Place the cut tomatoes on the baking sheeting facing up.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Roast tomatoes at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven and let them sit for about 5 minutes to cool, then peel and discard the skins. (note you can leave skins on if you choose but it will change the consistency of your sauce)
- Place tomatoes, basil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and honey in a blender or high-speed food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once smooth, taste and add salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste.