Qué?!? You didn’t know you could cook with lavender? YO TAMPOCO! Compré un paquete de lavanda hace un tiempo aspirando a hacer helado de lavanda, pero parecía que nunca tuve tiempo para hacer la receta, así que fue a la parte de atrás de mi armario para hornear.. I discovered this package yesterday while I was reorganizing and became inspired. So I got to searching for ideas to make an inspiring and relaxing meal. VOILA! Enter Bacon Wrapped Baked Chicken with a Lavender Glaze. This recipe took under 10 minutes of prep and was pretty much HANDS OFF the whole 40 minutes it baked.
Baked Chicken Ingredients
- 2 pechuga de pollo ( I sliced them in half so I had 4 thinner pieces to wrap in bacon)
- 3-4 slices of center-cut bacon (just don’t use thick cut since it won’t be all the way done)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cucharadita de sal (or pink himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp dried lavender buds (best to use food grade)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (Opcional)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- pre calentar el horno a 350.
- Trim chicken breast and then slice in half so it’s thinner.
- Grease baking sheet (otherwise cleaning will be a PAIN).
- Layout 3-4 slices of bacon in a row and set your chicken on top.
- Mix together the glaze. Spoon a few spoonfuls of the glaze on top and then wrap the bacon over top.
- Hornear 30-40 minutos.
- Switch oven to broil and broil 3 – 4 inches on HIGH for an additional 2-5 minutos (depends on how crispy you want your bacon).
- Let cool. It will be HOT HOT HOT.
- You can serve with the crispy bacon or take it off for a more traditional looking chicken breast meal. I chose to take it off because there was still some fatty spots left in places and my dog appreciates scraps in her food bowl that involve bacon.